newsgroup web viewer

bcs bcs at example.com
Tue Nov 15 20:56:06 PST 2011

On 11/15/2011 08:45 PM, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> bcs Wrote:
>> You have completely obscured the structure of the news groups.
>
> You can change the view to see it in email ordering, or descending parent
> ordering.

I don't want ordering, I want a tree.

> Which I mentioned in a subthread, but you probably didn't see it

Correct

> because that strong hierarchy separates the content into branches

Yup

> of a tree where things get lost, fractured, and difficult to follow,
> instead of a sane, linear view where the conversations flow naturally.

You must have miss-spoke. I assume your intended to say organised and
grouped instead of an insane interleaved view where the conversation's
natural structure is mashed flat and destroyed.

/j

(The truth is I just hadn't finished reading the thread. Even if I had,
I would have said more or less the same thing just in replay to a
different post. Oh wait, that would have looked the same to you.)

Hmmm. I'm going to have to remember when replying to you to trim the
quoted sections as much as possible so that the maximum amount of the
content is encoded in the ancestry of my posts.