newsgroup web viewer

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 21:12:33 PST 2011

bcs Wrote:
> You must have miss-spoke. I assume your intended to say organised and
> grouped instead of an insane interleaved view where the conversation's
> natural structure is mashed flat and destroyed.

I've *never* had a conversation in real life where time branched out.

The closest you can come in real life is if a group splinters, and instead of
a public forum, you have a bunch of private conversations that just happen
to take place in the same room.

> Oh wait, that would have looked the same to you.)

Yeah. I use the email gateway for reading, and skim posts in real time
as they arrive in my inbox (which can be sorted in a variety of ways, but
I usually keep it on strict linear, oldest first.)

It's pretty rare that I look at the in-reply-to header at all. It serves almost
no purpose.