moving wxd to github

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Fri Nov 25 02:24:02 PST 2011

Gour wrote:
>> And pick one "make" (GNU).
>
> That's not fully clear to me.

Instead of doing separate GNUmakefile and Makefile, and synching those ?

There was even a build.brf and dsss.conf, while those were in fashion...

>> Trying to support two languages, two libraries, two+ compilers,
>> two+ buildtools, and so on, was just no fun and not very workable ?
>
> Can you explain what do you think?

Drop D1, drop Tango, and make DMD the default compiler syntax
(possibly using gdmd or ldmd behind the covers, where desired)

Then do a standard build system, the suggestion was GNU make
and GNU bash - rather than trying to cope with several systems.

> Cmake is not the most elegant tool, but it works and I got confirmation
> that it supports dmd&  gdc.
>
> What do you think?

It would just generate a Makefile anyway ? But if it could
generate the IDE projects, then maybe it's worth pursuing...

If one used standard make and shell, then one could use the
standard "wx-config" and friends and just be done with it:

http://wxwidgets.blogspot.com/2011/06/choosing-gcc-for-building-wxwidgets.html

--anders