wxC & wxD

Marco Leise Marco.Leise at gmx.de
Tue Nov 29 00:16:09 PST 2011

Am 29.11.2011, 08:47 Uhr, schrieb Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com>:

> Note that I have no experience with wx but the screenshots on the site
> looks really bad.

Take a look at Code::Blocks for an example. I think it is one of the most
sophisticated applications written with wxWidgets. I used to have trouble
with the XML GUI definitions though. Somehow they took ages for me to load
and generate the UI on Linux, but not on Windows. So I am biased slightly
against wx with XML or XRC or what they are called.

The images to the right http://eclipse.org/swt/ remind me of some
discussion we had here. Anyway I'm fine with SWT, too and used gtkD
previously. I think it looks good and is small by itself, relying mostly
on functionality from the Java library where C++ libraries like QT tend to
build up a large general purpose code base.