Proposal on improvement to deprecated

Christophe travert at phare.normalesup.org
Sun Oct 2 16:23:04 PDT 2011

Michel Fortin , dans le message (digitalmars.D:145925), a écrit :
> In all this, my opinion is that 'deprecated' should be changed to emit
> informational messages (not errors) by default. Then you have this:
>
> 1. scheduled for deprecation: documentation only
> 2. deprecated: informational message
> 3. unavailable: compilation error
>
> The scheduled for deprecation step would be mostly for things we know
> will be deprecated but that have no suitable replacement at the moment.

Could we not use a scheduled for deprecation level of deprecation to
display warning if the user specially asks to get the message with a new
compiler flag ? That would allow you to check you are not using
soon-to-be-replaced functions when you make new code, but will not
affect compilation of old code.

--
Christophe