how to build up the library..

Steve Teale steve.teale at britseyeview.com
Thu Oct 6 08:27:59 PDT 2011

Andrei,

Are there guidelines for the Phobos process?

I have put a fair amount of work, two years ago and recently, into a piece for
accessing MySQL via D. I'm looking at this as a bottom-up investigation into what
might be a more generalized interface for database access.

I've got to the point where I can support a good range of database operations, and
present result sets as arrays of D structs, which presumably implies Ranges.
There's also lower level stuff to do more complex operations. So I'm wondering if
I should take the first process steps. I'm retired, so I do have time to spend on it.

The MySQL C api is not what you could call orthogonal - in crystallography terms
it is probably Triclinic, so it may not have been the best place to start. There's
another guy I've had some correspondence with who is working on Postgres. He's
interested in the same idea.

What do you think?

Steve