Why the hell doesn't foreach decode strings

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Thu Oct 20 18:21:55 PDT 2011

On Thursday, October 20, 2011 17:49 Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> It would be really cool to have an article about string handling (in
> D) on the D website. Something similar to how std.datetime was
> explained.
>
> There is already an abundance of Unicode information on the web, but I
> think we need something specific to D and Phobos. If someone is
> experienced in this field, has the time & effort to do it..
>
> This is a nice start but it doesn't talk about Unicode at all:
> d-programming-language.org/cppstrings.html

I started an article on ranges which is supposed to cover the unicode string
issues, but I tabled it due to issues with getting Array's range type to work
correctly with functions like sort (making Array not really work for the
examples that I needed). I really should get back to that one of these days
relatively soon.

- Jonathan M Davis