Review of Jesse Phillips's CSV Parser

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips+d at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 15:56:41 PDT 2011

On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 15:27:22 -0700, bls wrote:

> On 10/28/2011 12:18 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
>> Formal review of Jesse Phillips's CSV parser module
>
> Walter,
> Asking for high precision documentation is fine.
> And since you face it ...
> What about having such a high precision for D2 language definition ?

You have to start somewhere.

> std.csv is pretty cool. No doubt, But shouldn't std.csv be based on
> std.lexer ?
>
> A+

Well, std.lexer doesn't exist. And if it is reasonable to use one, then
it could be done without changing the API.

I think the database API stuff will have much more influence on what
needs to be done with std.csv, but I think what is currently implemented
must remain as is.