template specialization for arrays

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Sat Oct 29 19:10:13 PDT 2011

On 10/29/11 6:44 PM, J Arrizza wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 4:14 PM, Andrei Alexandrescu
> <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org <mailto:SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org>>
> wrote:
>

>     What's wrong with isStaticArray? Also, OP may want to look at
>     isNarrowString.
>

>     Andrei
>

> Tried isStaticArray:
[snip]

I think you got quite a bit of advice for different approaches, which
may get confusing. You should use either std.traits.isXxx
systematically, or patterns systematically, but not both at the same
time. Personally I prefer isXxx because they foster simple logic to
decide what overloads should apply.

Also, when posting, you may want to include complete short programs so
others can try them quickly.

Andrei