phobos alt.

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sat Oct 29 21:06:16 PDT 2011

On Saturday, October 29, 2011 18:48:54 bls wrote:
> I am convinced that a couple of very good/important D modules disappear
> from the D radar without being noticed,

Such as?

As it stands, to get anything into Phobos, someone needs to champion it and be
willing to do all of the work necessary to get it ready and through the review
process and into Phobos. If no one cares that much about it, then it's just
not going to make it in.

> which means for me (I am afraid)
> that we'll have to wait another 3 years to get a reasonable standard
> library.

That seems a bit extreme. It's definitely taking longer than would be desirable
for some stuff, but it's not going to take 3 years for anything if people
actually care about it and work on it. We've had a fairly steady set of
reviews going of late, some of which have passed and some of which haven't, so
new stuff is making it into Phobos on a regular basis.

- Jonathan M Davis