phobos alt.

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Sat Oct 29 19:14:34 PDT 2011

On 10/29/11 7:17 PM, bls wrote:
> On 10/29/2011 04:58 PM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
>> td.container seems to have been written by the very same Steven
>> Schveighoffer.
>
> Well, that's not quit right. Steven has done a lot of things on
> std.container, (especially algorithm wise, RB Tree f.i.), but the senior
> designer is Andrei.
> But I thing it's up to Steven to explain the political thingies.

There is no politics at play. Steven and I respect each other's design
choices and we agree to disagree on a few decisions that could
reasonably go either way. He has graciously accepted to alter his RBTree
API to integrate it with Phobos.

> Just want to say that > Phobos don't have a boost like container library
> and dcollections is already offering something beyond. (cursors)
> AGAIN why not having alt.container ??

This is an invite to gratuitous balkanization. std.container is open for
contributions. If anyone wants to add to it, they would need to pass it
through the review process. The design is well-defined enough to make
e.g. a DList implementation free of any dilemmas.

Thanks,

Andrei