D on hackernews

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Wed Sep 21 00:37:02 PDT 2011

Andrei Alexandrescu:

> http://hackerne.ws/item?id=3014861
>
> Apparently we're still having a PR issue.

I think the Wikipedia D page needs to be rewritten, leaving 80-90% of its space to D (meaning D2).

Regarding "D is doomed" more than 99% of all languages ever invented fail to become widespread. It's the most common fate.

Regarding D "killer features", I like D for being multi-level allowing both almost-high-level coding and low-level coding with user specified memory layouts, for functional-style functions in a procedural program or procedural-style functions in a functional-style program, and for not using a totally new syntax :-)

Bye,
bearophile