std.benchmark ready for review. Manager sought after

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Sat Apr 7 21:45:17 PDT 2012

On Sunday, 8 April 2012 at 03:25:16 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I finally found the time to complete std.benchmark. I got to a
> very simple API design, starting where I like it: one line of
> code.

Nice, some comments:

1) Is it possible to do something about the "kilonanoseconds",
and print the two-letter SI time abbreviation instead
(μs/ns/ms/s/...)?

2) The meaning of "epoch" in this context is unfamiliar to me:

> Measurement is done in epochs. For each function benchmarked,
> the smallest time is taken over all epochs.

3) "benchmark_relative_file read" should be replaced with a
language construct. E.g. a function call like
relativeBenchmark("file read"), or an enum value like getopt's.

4) There is a TODO in benchmarkSuspend's example.