Discussion on Go and D

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Sun Apr 8 10:28:41 PDT 2012

On Sun, Apr 08, 2012 at 09:42:42AM -0500, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> On 4/8/12 4:20 AM, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> >On 4/7/12, Andrei Alexandrescu<SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org>  wrote:
> >>3. The ability to dispose of memory will disappear along with the
> >>delete keyword.
> >
> >Pull this and hopefully that myth will come to an end:
> >https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/d-programming-language.org/pull/112
[...]

I have to say, that is one cool thing about having .init for all types.
So we can cleanup after an object (close files, release resources, etc.)
and still have the GC do whatever it needs to do, when it needs to. I
love it!!

The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the day
they start making vacuum cleaners... -- Slashdotter