malloc in core.memory.GC

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Sun Apr 8 23:10:20 PDT 2012

On Sun, Apr 08, 2012 at 10:48:53PM -0700, Sean Kelly wrote:
[...]
> Really, I'd like to see all TypeInfo generated by template code in
> druntime.

Will that also solve the current weirdness with TypeInfo_Aya and
TypeInfo_Aa being used for string and char[], respectively, but
TypeInfo_Array being used for const(char)[]? (Which is the source of a
bug with getHash being inconsistent between the former and the latter.)

If so, I'd say, definitely move TypeInfo to druntime. The more hacks we
eliminate from the compiler, the cleaner and less buggy it will be.

Political correctness: socially-sanctioned hypocrisy.