Windows 8 Metro support

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Mon Apr 9 23:55:51 PDT 2012

On 2012-04-10 08:50, Sönke Ludwig wrote:

> Haven't seen it before. Unfortunately, he doesn't talk about the
> language runtime in detail, but he does talk about how the standard
> library needs to be adjusted to use Metro style libraries so I guess the
> same would apply to the language RT.
>
> At the end he gives some links and this one might be interesting:
> http://channel9.msdn.com/Events/BUILD/BUILD2011/PLAT-875T
> I'll try to watch that later today.

The thing is, as I understand it, you should be able to use the native
types and standard library types/functions through the WinRT API. So you
would basically build, for example, a (or a couple of) WinRT range(s)to
be able to iterate D collections.

I'm not sure if the language runtime needs to be changed. It depends on
what's expected from the WinRT API.

--
/Jacob Carlborg