D scored well in the Google CodeJam Qualification Round

SomeDude lovelydear at mailmetrash.com
Mon Apr 16 07:13:00 PDT 2012

On Monday, 16 April 2012 at 14:02:21 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> Somedude:
>> Although there was very few D contestants (only 15 out of 18365
>> contestants used D), D scored number 1.
>
> This is very good advertisement for D.
>
> A D user (group) has to reach a good score in the ICFP
> Programming Contest too :-)
>
> And why is D so popular in Japan? :-)
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

I dunnow, but Japan Superior when it comes to speed coding. Last
year's winner was a Japanese, and here, the two top contenders
are also Japanese.
Looking at last year's stats, hos.lyric didn't fare too badly,
but he failed to get to the final. Hope he'll continue to bear
the D colors high, the Force is strong in this one. :)