D Compiler as a Library

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Thu Apr 19 04:22:07 PDT 2012

On Thursday, 19 April 2012 at 09:58:52 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> There's no attribution in MIT.

»The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be
included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software«
– I am not a lawyer, but I what makes you so sure that binaries
don't fall under this requirement as well?

The Boost people also seem to interpret MIT as requiring binary
attribution; Dave Abrahams mentioned the binary clause in Boost
as a difference to MIT in his OSI approval request at least ([1]).

David

[1] http://ideas.opensource.org/ticket/45