Let's give a honor to dead giants!

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Thu Apr 19 20:15:36 PDT 2012

On 20/04/12 04:51, Ary Manzana wrote:
> * Eclispe is great for writing IDEs but after programming in Ruby for some years
> now and exclusively using vim I can't go back to using a slow IDE so I don't
> think I'll ever write anything else for Eclipse.

vim actually seems like a great development environment for D -- it was the
first I could set up to really meet my preferences (I'm sure Emacs is also
great, but I never got my head round it sufficiently).  The caveat being that my
concept of IDE is "glorified text editor that has really nice handling of syntax
highlighting and auto-indentation and in particular supports smart tab
indentation with tabs for indent, spaces for alignment".