Let's stop parser Hell

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Wed Aug 1 16:29:44 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, August 01, 2012 22:47:47 Philippe Sigaud wrote:
> I somehow thought that with UTF-8 you were limited to a part of
> Unicode, and to another, bigger part with UTF-16.
> I equated Unicode with UTF-32.
> This is what completely warped my vision. It's good to learn something
> new everyday, I guess.

I guess that that would explain why you didn't understand what I was saying. I
was highly confused as to what was confusing about what I was saying, but it
didn't even occur to me that you had that sort of misunderstanding. You really
should get a better grip on unicode if you want to be writing code that lexes
or parses it efficiently (though it sounds like you're reading up on a lot
already right now).

- Jonathan M Davis