Is D Language mature for MMORPG Client ?

shd alienballance at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 01:32:49 PDT 2012

2012/8/3 Tobias Pankrath <tobias at pankrath.net>:
> On Friday, 3 August 2012 at 00:22:51 UTC, Robert wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> im a c++/c# developper and i really want to try D.
>>
>> I am currently developing a MMORPG, client part is in c++ and
>> server in c#, i want to know if D language is "ok" for the client
>> side ?

I'll partially repeat what others said.

You might want to stay with one library/compiler version. Every year
or so, while updating it to newer one, you'd have to do fixes + major
tests again.
You have to be aware about not doing many allocations/dealocations,
but that was easy at least for me.
You might consider not using more complicated language constructs,
most bugs are here.
You have  to be prepared for spotting and actually knowing some
compiler bugs (additionally to possible yours).

Besides of the downsides it will be really enjoyable to write your
project in D and your productivity will gain.