DMD 2.060 problems

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Sat Aug 4 06:50:08 PDT 2012

On Sat, 2012-08-04 at 15:24 +0200, Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:
[…]
> Can you give some more details of how things are breaking?
>
> A *lot* of threading and GC related patches were applied in 2.060, and
> it's certainly not impossible that some of them have broken something,
> but I need more details to get an idea of what's going wrong.

I put up issue 8505 as an easy one, well easy to report anyway.  I
marked it blocking but it is also a regression. I am not sure how to
treat "regression" in terms of a total ordering with "blocking" and
"critical". Hopefully the fix is easy and 2.061 can come out quickly.

I have other problems which merit bug reports, but I need to do a few
bits and pieces to ensure all the reports are about 2.059 → 2.060 and
not just trivial bugs in my code.

I believe I have two possibly three different issues, all threads
related in some way, not just different views on the same problem.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk