@property

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sat Aug 4 21:12:08 PDT 2012

On Sunday, August 05, 2012 05:59:34 bearophile wrote:
> Adam D. Ruppe:
> > You have the -property switch for breaking piles of perfectly
> > good code while enabling no new functionality.
>
> The -property switch is present since lot of time, and I think
> most people that write D2 code compile their libraries with
> -property. So I don't think it breaks lot of D2 code today.

I'd be very surprised if all that many people compile with -property. I'm
pretty sure that there are a lot of people (the majority?) who don't even
compile with -w or -wi. Obviously, some people do, but from what I've seen,
I'd guess that most people compile with the bare minimum flags required, and -
property is _very_ buggy anyway.

- Jonathan M Davis