Some lazy code to D

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Wed Aug 29 14:30:26 PDT 2012

Marco Leise:

> Haskell isn't half
> bad with the optimizing compiler. The native efficiency is
> comparable to D until you really start to optimize.

Lot of people say similar things, but saying it again and again
doesn't make them true. So far I have seen no evidence of this.

The few times where I've seen it true, it was caused by the well
written GNU Multiple Precision Arithmetic Library used by GHC,
that aren't written in Haskell :-)

But the purpose of this thread was _not_ about run-time
performance. In the original post I made no attempts to write
efficient D code, and I have said the D code shown here was not
idiomatic.

Bye,
bearophile