Better forum

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Wed Dec 5 15:07:31 PST 2012

Am 05.12.2012 23:40, schrieb js.mdnq:
> On Wednesday, 5 December 2012 at 22:14:57 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> On 12/6/2012 8:50 AM, Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:
>
> IMO, the only downside is supporting legacy users who refuse to make the
> transition. I think they are just being hard headed though...

I hate web forums with passion, they all suck compared to the browsing
experience most NNTP clients offer.

I can browse threads just with keyboard navigation, follow discussion
threads, mark/unmark all I have read, save discussions for posterity,
all with a standards compliant network protocol free of walled garden
data servers.

As for spam, that is what moderation is for, if ever needed.

I am a firm believer that users of web forums can only find them better
than Usenet, because they haven't experienced Usenet in its golden days.

--
Paulo