wrapping functions with variadic-parameter wrappers

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Thu Dec 6 01:14:35 PST 2012

On Thursday, December 06, 2012 11:40:24 Gor Gyolchanyan wrote:
> I read about the d-style variadic functions and I also read the ABI.
> There are some vast differences in the ABI (the parameters are pushed in
> reverse order, the caller must clean the stack...).
> I thought that you guys have a better understanding of what's going on, so
> you might help me with this.
> If done carefully it could be a very valuable addition to std.functional.

I think that at this point, almost everyone just uses variadic templates when
they want a variadic function. Upon occasion, a typesafe variadic function
makes sense, but C style variadics basically never make sense unless you're
interacting with C, and in general, variadic templates are vastly superior to
D variadics, so it's the variadic templates get used. And as most of just use
the variadic templates, in the case of many of us, our knowledge of D style
variadics is low.

- Jonathan M Davis