Officially moving to MediaWiki?

Maxim Fomin maxim at maxim-fomin.ru
Sat Dec 8 22:13:58 PST 2012

On Saturday, 8 December 2012 at 23:52:48 UTC, David Nadlinger
wrote:
> The topic has been discussed extensively a short while ago, so
> I'll keep this short:
>
> As you will probably remember, Vladimir Panteleev has kindly
> agreed to set up a MediaWiki instance, meant to replace the
> current D wiki at prowiki.org. It is reachable at
> http://dwiki.kimsufi.thecybershadow.net/Main_Page, and several
> people have actively been adding content to it already (thanks
> a lot!).
>
> In my opinion, it is already much more inviting than the old
> wiki. The next logical step would be to officially adopt it as
> the D wiki, i.e. make wiki.dlang.org point to it and change the
> links on dlang.org accordingly.
>
> So, the question is, what is stopping us from doing that right
> now? Is there anything important missing? [1]
>
> At this point, the MediaWiki instance still has slightly less
> content, but I think this will quickly change once it has
> received the official blessing. Besides that, it will probably
> be a good idea to keep around the old one as an archive anyway,
> at least for a short while.
>
> David
>

> [1] The DIPs have not been moved yet, but that's in order to
> avoid confusion regarding the official source.

I agree that moving from prowiki to mediawiki is a good idea, but
new site is just almost empty
(http://dwiki.kimsufi.thecybershadow.net/?title=Special:RecentChanges&days=30&from=&limit=500
see also
http://dwiki.kimsufi.thecybershadow.net/Special:AllPages) and
some portion of it is dedicated to developers (Walter Bright,
Alexandrescu and others) which is not very interesting for those
who are seeking language technical details.