Moving towards D2 2.061 (and D1 1.076)

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 23:11:52 PST 2012

On Monday, 10 December 2012 at 00:34:33 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> It's time to do a release; to that end we should be working on
> tidying up the regressions.
>
> This will be the last official D1 release.

Several things :

1/ Is it possible to reenable the GC ? The argument saying that
this is faster without only work on toy project. On any real size
project, the huge amount of memory consumed cause swapping, which
make things way slower.
2/ I'd really like to see that one fixed :
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/1313 Without
that, it is basically impossible to do separate compilation, and
one of the consequence is to make 1/ even worse.
3/ Now that UDA are in master, what to do with them ? They
clearly are not ready for release.