Concern about dmd memory usage on win32

monarch_dodra monarchdodra at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 04:34:19 PST 2012

On Friday, 7 December 2012 at 18:44:08 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> On Friday, December 07, 2012 18:18:43 monarch_dodra wrote:
>> I had actually been through this before, and someone told me
>> about that. The problem at this point is that this isn't even
>> an
>> option anymore, since std/algorithm.d is in a group *alone*.
>
> Then I'd have two suggestions then:
>
> [SNIP]
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

I just tried to version each unittest (for win32) into two
different objects (using version blocks). This worked relatively
well, up until the final link step, where I was greeted with:

//----
unittest5b.obj(unittest5b)  Offset 00D68H Record Type 0091
  Error 1: Previous Definition Different :
_D3std9algorithm6EditOp6__initZ
unittest5b.obj(unittest5b)  Offset 685C4H Record Type 0091
  Error 1: Previous Definition Different :
_D3std9algorithm12__ModuleInfoZ
unittest5b.obj(unittest5b)  Offset 7ACEBH Record Type 00C3
  Error 1: Previous Definition Different :
__D3std9algorithm9__modtestFZv
unittest5b.obj(unittest5b)  Offset 7AFB4H Record Type 00C3
  Error 1: Previous Definition Different :
_D3std9algorithm7__arrayZ
unittest5b.obj(unittest5b)  Offset 7AFE0H Record Type 00C3
  Error 1: Previous Definition Different :
_D3std9algorithm8__assertFiZv
unittest5b.obj(unittest5b)  Offset 7B00CH Record Type 00C3
  Error 1: Previous Definition Different :
_D3std9algorithm15__unittest_failFiZv
//----

The one I'm *really* concerned about is "ModuleInfo": My guess is
that I'll never get rid of this error :/

I figure the "easy workaround", it to create a new dedicated
executable, which tests just algorithm...?

I don't think deactivating unit tests is a great move anyways...