OT (partially): about promotion of integers

Han needtoknow at basis.only.net
Wed Dec 12 00:16:11 PST 2012

Walter Bright wrote:
> On 12/11/2012 11:47 PM, Han wrote:
>> Walter Bright wrote:
>>
>>> ML has been around for 30-40 years, and has failed to catch on.
>>
>> Isn't D on that same historical path?
>
> Many languages wander in the wilderness for years before they catch
> on.

Wow (Wow!), it's like you were seeing what I was typing just now when I
posted to your other reply, but then decided not to put it in. I typed
something like:

Is your (telling?) 'answer' akin to the biblical story that goes "and the
people wandered in the wilderness for 40 years..."?

You may have inadvertently just summed it all up Walter!