Next focus: PROCESS

Jesse Phillips Jessekphillips+D at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 09:11:06 PST 2012

On Wednesday, 12 December 2012 at 16:14:44 UTC, Andrei
Alexandrescu wrote:
> I disagree. I wrote a few git scripts for Facebook-specific
> workflows and a lot of people (including me) use them.

May have been a knee jerk reaction. Good to hear it has been used.

>> git-start-new-feature:
>> $ git checkout devbranch
>> $ git checkout -b newfeaturename
>>
>> git-start-bugfix:
>> $ git checkout stablebranch
>> $ git checkout -b fixbugxxx

> All of these will be part of the instructions and the macros.
> The branch names will be standardized.

I'm not sure I follow on the name standardizing. Doesn't that
make it so a person can only work on one bugfix and one feature
at a time? The name used for the dev and stable branches should
be standardized (I don't care much what master is, but I
generally like it as the dev branch)

> All of these should be subsections in the documentation.
>
> "If your branch has conflicts"
>
> "If your branch became really messed up"

Yep, just pointing out where I see the difficulty and scripts may
be of more use.

> What is the workbench project?
>

> Andrei

Found it, by Nathan Swan