Next focus: PROCESS

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Thu Dec 13 13:49:12 PST 2012

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 10:36:17PM +0100, Rob T wrote:
> On Thursday, 13 December 2012 at 18:41:47 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> >Since each of us may have conflicting ideas about what the final
> >process should be, let's adopt the convention that if something on
> >the page is not how you understand things should be, you should
> >discuss on the talk page before making the change, so that we don't
> >devolve into an edit war.
[...]
> I was wondering how we'll resolve conflicts, because not everyone will
> agree on everything thats for certain. We don't really have a voting
> system in place, and there's no "benevolent dictator" heading the
> project unless Andrei has appointed himself for resolving conflicts,
> but he's not really participating much at this point.  We're kinda
> leaderless and left with no mechanism for making the inevitable hard
> decisions that we'll have to make if this effort is to move ahead.
>
> Any ideas?
[...]

I don't have a good answer to this, but maybe we could use Wikipedia's
method of garnering consensus before a major change is made? I don't
know how well it will work, given our relatively small numbers, though.

It would be nice if Andrei could step in and head up this process. But
then again, he's a busy man and only does D on his limited free time, so
it may be just a matter of waiting for a bit for him to pipe up.

Mediocrity has been pushed to extremes.