Moving towards D2 2.061 (and D1 1.076)

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Thu Dec 13 16:01:45 PST 2012

On 12/13/12 6:02 PM, Denis Koroskin wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Dec 2012 13:37:07 -0800, Walter Bright
> <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote:

>>> Walter argues that people are already using it so it can't just be
>>> removed. I
>>> say, they're using an unreleased version of DMD, this is to be expected.
>>>

>> They have a large code base, and are using it heavily.
>

> Why must the rest of the world suffer just because someone decided to
> use an experimental feature?

Just talked to Walter and I think it's safe to drop this, although I
clearly agree with the principle.

We have a strategic potential user who could make a large difference in
terms of corporate D adoption. We've been advised to not divulge much
information so far because they only want to announce after they've
committed and in a specific setting.

Clearly that shouldn't mean the community's views and needs should be
neglected! However, given our commitment to better process in the
future, we hope to get agreement on letting this one rushed feature be.

I count on your understanding.

Thanks,

Andrei