OT (partially): about promotion of integers

Han needtoknow at basis.only.net
Fri Dec 14 00:07:38 PST 2012

xenon325 wrote:
> On Wednesday, 12 December 2012 at 08:25:04 UTC, Han wrote:
>> Walter Bright wrote:
>>> Overlooked is the previous 10 years the band struggled in
>>> obscurity.
>>
>> You KNOW that D has not been "overlooked". Developers and users
>> with
>> applications give it a look (the former mostly) and then choose
>> something else.
>
> Overlooked ? No. Using ? No. Disliked and abandoned ? No.
>
> Quite a few times I've seen on the web people saying something
> like:
> "D looks *really* nice, can't use it right now, but definitely
> keeping eye on it"
>
> Same with myself. Keeping eye on it since mid-2010.
>

>> Do you really think that D will ever have popularity to the
>> level of The Beatles?
>
> From what I've seen so far, I'd say that's quite possible.

Then put up a real-time tracking chart of that on the D website: "The
popularity of D vs. the popularity of The Beatles". I think what you
answered goes to show the level of dissillusionment of (or shamefully
insulting level of propagandism put forth by) the typical D fanboy.

>> Do you have a "Moses complex" (psychological) a little bit
>> maybe?
>
> You do understand this doesn't add anything to the discussion,
> right ?

Maybe not to "technophiles", but to the non-nerdy, it is more important than
the "bits and bytes" stuff. Being the "leader" of a project that "seems" to
lack direction and realisitic expectations for "success" is no small
potatoes. Walter needs to expound about how long he feels the 'wandering'
will go on, and other important issues.