dlang.org Library Reference

Sönke Ludwig sludwig at outerproduct.org
Sat Dec 22 12:46:48 PST 2012

Am 22.12.2012 19:56, schrieb Andrei Alexandrescu:
> On 12/22/12 12:53 PM, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
>> Am 22.12.2012 17:49, schrieb Sönke Ludwig:
>>>
>>> Continuing the thought of screen real estate - shouldn't these sections better be at the _bottom_ of
>>> the page? After all they are just noise for the typical reader and since the pages are not as long
>>> anymore, they still won't get drowned by the rest of the page.
>>>

>> In the latest upload a number of items is addressed:
>
> Much better. A few more comments.
>
> First on the module-level pages.
>
> * Styling at the top is still too sparse. How about adding a "Source" Button in line with (and to
> the left of) "Improve this page" and "Page wiki"?
>
> * Clicking on "source" actually doesn't work (mind the underscore)
>
> * Spacing of cell text in tables is larger at the bottom. I think spacing should be equally
> distributed (while staying equal in total).
>
> * Spacing of lines inside a paragraph in the table should be a tad smaller. But only in the
> module-level table, not all paragraphs.
>
> Now onto the item-level pages, using
> http://vibed.org/temp/d-programming-language.org/phobos/std/file/attrIsFile.html as an example.
>
> * I'm thinking the authors and license should not be present on each item-level page.

Everything above has been incorporated. (uploading may still take a few minutes)

> * Function name in the heading should be in code font.
>
> * The module of the function (std.file) should be obvious and easy to navigate to through one click.
> One idea is to say "Function std.file.attrIsFile" and make the "std.file" portion a link to the module.

I've hacked that in, but I think different fonts inside headings look too messy. Pity that there is
not already a place for a navigation bar in the page layout. That would be a good fit.

But, regarding the header topic, now that the mini-sections from the top are all gone, I've changed
the section headers back to a normal header style to get a little more cleaned up look. They also
fight a lot less with the table headers like this.

Btw. - I didn't really want to get into styling issues, but anyway - the left margin of examples vs.
no margin for tables is a bit disturbing IMO. Objections for removing it?

> * The left column should scroll to show the selected module. For attrIsFile that's not the case on
> some screens (the selection std/file is invisible unless user scrolls down).

This would require a larger rework of the page layout. I would be very happy if someone could
volunteer for such a thing, as I'm already stretching my time budget a lot.

PS: Firefox displays the code sections with a smaller font than it should. I'll debug that later.