D "Swing"

Chris wendlec at tcd.ie
Sat Dec 29 04:55:22 PST 2012

On Saturday, 29 December 2012 at 12:35:22 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> On 2012-12-29 13:10, Chris wrote:

> D1 is just missing some features and we're using Tango here
> instead of Phobos. But since this is a port of a Java library,
> you basically just think Java, if you know it.

Yes, I know Java and I wrote a no-nonsense application using
SWT/JFace a couple of years ago, so I'm basically familiar with
both of them. I know Cocoa & Objective-C too. That's why I'd like
to help you out with the DWT Mac project, time permitting.

I was also thinking about an interim solution that uses Cocoa as
UI layer and have the business logic entiely in D2 using a bridge
or something. I have read your description of the ObjC bridge and
have done something similar too. I was thinking that developing
minimal binding/bridging mechanisms for various languages would
be a good thing in order to glue D to anything you want. Again,
time is a crucial factor.