SCons D tool: need help with building static library

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Sun Dec 30 20:32:12 PST 2012

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 07:28:53PM +0000, Russel Winder wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-12-17 at 11:08 -0800, H. S. Teoh wrote:
[...]
> > Anyway.  The command is missing a "-L-L." option. It should read:
> >
> > 	/usr/src/d/dmd/src/dmd -ofprog prog.o -L-L. -L-lmylib
> >
> > which passes a "-L." option to the linker to make it search the
> > current directory for the library.
[...]

Hi Russel,

Just wondering if there's any update on this issue. I did a 'hg pull; hg
update', which pulled in a bunch of updates, but the '-L-L.' option is
still missing from the link command.

So I'm temporarily using a git branch for my project that manually links
in the library sources instead of building a static library. A rather
ugly situation; I'm hoping that I can stop doing this soon.

Thanks!

Don't throw out the baby with the bathwater. Use your hands...