SCons D tool: need help with building static library

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Mon Dec 31 02:51:47 PST 2012

On Sun, 2012-12-30 at 20:32 -0800, H. S. Teoh wrote:
[…]
> Just wondering if there's any update on this issue. I did a 'hg pull; hg
> update', which pulled in a bunch of updates, but the '-L-L.' option is
> still missing from the link command.

The period Dec 20 → Jan 2 is a (generally far too short) sequence of
celebrations of various things. Very little tends to get done other than
eating, drinking and photography.

I think I have just spotted the problem that was distracting me when
trying to make your test work: I have ldc in a personal location rather
than the main location. SCons is supposed not to use personal paths so
ldc should not be present for the tests so the ldc tests should be
skipped.  My code for handling this is rubbish. And wrong.

> So I'm temporarily using a git branch for my project that manually links
> in the library sources instead of building a static library. A rather
> ugly situation; I'm hoping that I can stop doing this soon.

So am I :-)

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk