Opinion of February 2012

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Fri Feb 3 22:27:32 PST 2012

"Zachary Lund" <admin at computerquip.com> wrote in message
news:jghpk4$26uk$1 at digitalmars.com...

> 2. Milestones and Organization

This is non-corporate-backed OSS. People are free to work on what they
choose. We're not Bill Lumberg Waterfall Nazis here.

> I cannot stand Windows. If Microsoft suddenly went bankrupt, Windows was
> never updated, and people had to move to MacOS or Linux, I would be the
> happiest man alive.

Bleh. Apple makes MS look like the EFF. (And I'd sooner switch to a graphing
calculator as my primary PC than go back to OSX.) MS may be no better than
any other corporation, but Jobs's demise was the #1 best thing to happen to
technology since Win2K/XP. ('Course they couldn't get me to use that
Vista/Win7 trash if they paid me.)

> It also drives me insane that dmd for D2 is not named dmd2. There's no
> reason to not have it be dmd2 and you just stupidly caused incompatibility
> with the D1 executable.

https://bitbucket.org/doob/dvm

$dvm use 1.069
$dvm use 2.057
etc...

Trivial problem trivially solved.

> The .c extensions on C++ files... need I say more? That itself is a joke
> and seems to have been ignored when complaints about it came up.

Everyone already knows and agrees.