D-

Daniel Murphy yebblies at nospamgmail.com
Sun Feb 12 02:55:51 PST 2012

"Paulo Pinto" <pjmlp at progtools.org> wrote in message
news:jh7v08$2chs$1 at digitalmars.com...
> If you remove all of that then how good would D- be in regard with
> existing languages being used for the same tasks?

You still have all of D's compile-time magic, which I miss every time I need
to do embedded programming.  You still have the simple syntax improvement.
I would love to be able to do away with the preprocessor and
stupidly_long_method_names_because_of_no_overloading_or_method_syntax.

> So what does D- bring to the table, besides fragmenting the community?

No need to fork the lanugage - just add a couple of pragmas and a basic C
backend.