Why is there no or or and ?

F i L witte2008 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 10:02:00 PST 2012

Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> I find:
>
>    case a == 0 && b !is null && c == "Bar" { ... }
>
> much easier to read than:
>
>    case a == 0 and b !is null and c == "Bar" { ... }
>
> Since the former uses a totally different character set for the
> operators, my eyes can parse it at a glance. With the latter, I
> have to actually go through and read it. The "and" and "or"
> just visually blend together with all the other words and
> variables.

I've set up some custom keywords in Notepad++ which I use to test
this stuff out. 'null' and 'is' are separate colors from
case/and/or so it's easier to parse-at-a-glance since &&/|| are
colored the same as operators and conflict with the '=='/'!is'.
But I guess this is largely syntax-highlighting issue. Still, I
find 'and'/'or' quicker to type, but I'm not strongly against
using either one or both for that matter.