DustMite updated

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Thu Feb 23 11:41:29 PST 2012

"Vladimir Panteleev" <vladimir at thecybershadow.net> wrote in message
news:mnaydzddphyxlgpswddi at forum.dlang.org...
> On Thursday, 23 February 2012 at 11:52:17 UTC, Trass3r wrote:
>> Unfortunately plenty of 64Bit errors again :/
>
> I can't test for these easily (I wish DMD on Windows had -m64 working
> with -o-).

As a Windows guy on a 32-bit machine (yes, yea, I know, I know, "that's
old", "you should upgrade", etc), I always test 64-bit (on a 64-bit machine
that I at least have access to) by using a 64-bit Debian 6 LiveDVD with USB
persistence:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/debian-26/live-dvd-but-save-to-usb-913698/#post4526688

I use that to do 64-bit testing right before any release. Not nearly as nice
as -m64, but it works well enough for me.

It sucks that you can't run a 64-bit OS in a VM without hardare
virtualization (which many Intels don't have), even on a 64-bit machine with
a 64-bit host OS (Hmm...or is that restriction only on 64-bit machines with
32-bit host OSes...? I forgot...).