Can someone decipher this moon speak for me? (abi - calling conventions)

Bernard Helyer b.helyer at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 21:10:14 PST 2012

http://dlang.org/abi.html

"The extern (C) and extern (D) calling convention matches the C
calling convention used by the supported C compiler on the host
system. Except that the extern (D) calling convention for Windows
x86 is described here."

Was this written by someone slamming their face onto the keyboard
repeatedly? Is the calling convention just C on non-windows
platforms? What about AMD64? Why should I, as someone writing a D
implementation, burn cycles on trying to decypher this madness?
Didn't this section _used_ to make sense?

To summarise:

fucking what?

</rant>