Database developer's gentle view on D.

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 08:28:08 PST 2012

On Monday, 2 January 2012 at 16:21:16 UTC, bls wrote:
> WHY PostGres ? Callback notifications/ Server-side events ...
> not available in MySQL. (which you prefer in your framework)

Aye, I've done some postgres, but since my main work app
uses mysql I haven't spent a lot of time on it.

While basic queries I'm pretty sure work right, I haven't used
any of the more advanced features (partially because mysql doesn't
have any).

> SOAP/REST  is (in our case) needed to f.i. obtain prices.
> (https tunneling seems to be good enough (tm) )The other need
> for SOAP/REST (I am not sure if should go this way) is to
> access the SaaS application to receive certain informations/to
> add an potential clients, reuests, what the heck. ) In this
> case we have to establish a WSDL/REST - maybe oData Service.

Right now, I think this could be done with my stuff, but it
doesn't really exist yet.

There's http api like things available in web.d, but it isn't
SOAP or have WSDL... again, it just hasn't come up for me.

I was replacing php with D more than replacing Java :)

It's slowly growing though! As stuff comes up that I
need for me, I'll write it.