DMD - Windows

Trass3r un at known.com
Fri Jan 6 10:58:32 PST 2012

Am 06.01.2012, 19:27 Uhr, schrieb Manu <turkeyman at gmail.com>:

> Okay, so I was trying to link to a C lib, and I realised... DMD doesn't
> support/produce VS compatible libs.
> I should have realised this sooner, noting the cv debuginfo.
>
> So like... WTF?

Welcome to the jungle ^^

Your options are:
1) use dlls + implib, then you can work with MinGW or VisualC
2) use GDC, then you also get 64Bit:
https://bitbucket.org/goshawk/gdc/downloads

*) torture yourself by trying to link statically with objconv
*) try UniLink

> Let's also mention the debug info... Virtually every 3rd party tool
> assumes and/or works best with PDB debug info. Being required to run
> cv2pdb is
> pretty lame.

pdb is undocumented. Even cv2pdb is based more or less on reverse
engineering.

> ... and now that I think if it... how do ANY programs built with DMD
> actually work? .. How does it link to system32.lib, user32.lib, etc?

Those system libs are just import libraries for the respective DLLs, even
in VS.