DMD - Windows

F i L witte2008 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 16:37:17 PST 2012

Trass3r wrote:
> DDT is also shaping up nicely.

Haven't tried it yet. Does it have context sensitive
code-completion? Honestly I would love to use Geany because it's
so clean and light-weight, but it just doesn't support enough
productivity features yet.

Manu wrote:
> Monodevelop is surprisingly usable... although sadly, for me,
> my build
> system uses premake to generate VisualStudio projects (and
> makefiles/etc on
> other platforms).

MonoDevelop is compatible with VS2010 solution/project files. One
of the best parts about MD is how seamlessly it works across all
platforms. Really the best IDE on Linux and Mac IMO, but then
again I haven't tried them all. Unfortunately Visual-D and Mono-D
projects are incompatible. It would be great to see these two
projects collaborate.

> ...including basically the entire game dev community... [all
> console SDK's are Windows+VisualStudio based])
>
> I certainly wouldn't be using D now if VisualD didn't exist...

Unity3D ships with MonoDevelop as it's primary code editor, and
it's rather successful ;) I agree with what your saying here
though. Power tools get the job done faster. After using proper
code-completion and refactoring tools, it's hard to go back.