DMD - Windows

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 17:08:05 PST 2012

On 7 January 2012 02:37, F i L <witte2008 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Manu wrote:
>
>> Monodevelop is surprisingly usable... although sadly, for me, my build
>> system uses premake to generate VisualStudio projects (and makefiles/etc
>> on
>> other platforms).
>>

> MonoDevelop is compatible with VS2010 solution/project files. One of the
> best parts about MD is how seamlessly it works across all platforms. Really
> the best IDE on Linux and Mac IMO, but then again I haven't tried them all.
> Unfortunately Visual-D and Mono-D projects are incompatible. It would be
> great to see these two projects collaborate.

Works with VS2010 projects? Bullllshiiii....! I had no idea.
Finally! An IDE that's usable in Linux and OSX!! :)

I'll have to seriously try this out.. I haven't used monodevelop for about
a year. How does it do with C/C++ now?

If monodevelop supports vs2010 projects, then it would be REALLY awesome of
monodevelop and VisualD would agree to make their D project files
compatible...