DMD - Windows

Froglegs lugtug at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 10:43:23 PST 2012

  A great IDE is essential for D to really succeed.

  Visual D is a solid start but it isn't really usable for a large
project yet.

-  The debugging experience is funky, it can't seem to see many
variables
-  hovering over variables generally doesn't show anything useful
-  hitting . doesn't pop up possible members
-  very limited syntax highlighting

  D might have simplified C++ syntax, but it is still quite
complex, not having an IDE that supports the type of things that
Visual Studio supports is just painful-- I doubt D has any chance
in the game industry without much better VS support.

Aside from C++ I also use Lua quite often and even in a light
weight scripting language like Lua I much prefer an
IDE(Decoda--Manu it works with embedded scripts btw).