compact library for creating window + OpenGL context + input handling?

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 05:41:40 PST 2012

On 1/9/2012 10:13 PM, Trass3r wrote:
>>> Basically something like the SFML Window module, but written in D and
>>> working on Windoze/Linux.
>>
>> GLFW, if all you need is OpenGL (heck, even GLUT maybe).
>
> Isn't GLUT more or less dead and/or usage discouraged?
> Hmm GLFW seems to be no better than SDL.

GLFW is pretty awesome, IMO. Lightweight and doesn't get in your way.
Version 3 is going to be even better, but the pace of development is
rather slow. I knocked up a Derelict binding to it a while back, but I'm
not going to put it in the repository until GLFW 3 is actually released.
I'd be happy to put it up for download somewhere if anyone wants it.
Though, I don't guarantee that it's up-to-date. There may have been a
change or two in the interface since I threw it together.