GCC depen issue on linux

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sat Jan 14 14:39:39 PST 2012

"mta`chrono" <chrono at mta-international.net> wrote in message
news:jesv45$1elt$1 at digitalmars.com...
> It seems like you have installed a precompiled version of dmd. Can you
> post eactly the source where you've downloaded it?
>
> dmd seems to require version _2.11_ of glibc. there are a lot of
> versions installed on your system. 2.0,2.1,2.3,... But not the one dmd
> requires.
>
> In order to solve the problem, I would suggest you to download dmd
> sources and compile them.

DMD's sources are already in the prepackaged zip release. Building it can be
a little complicated if you don't already know how, but it's easy if you
install the latest version of DVM:

https://bitbucket.org/doob/dvm

Then, downloading and recompiling DMD is as simple as:

$dvm fetch 2.057
$unzip dmd.2.057.zip
$dvm compile ./dmd2

BTW, that reminds me: Jacob, I think we need to update the code that detects
the latest version of DMD (asap). Compiling the git sources with DVM relies
on it (but not compiling the packages releases), and for awhile I thought
ftp.digitalmars.com was just going down, but I think now the download page's
move to d-p-l.org has just simply broken the "latest DMD"-detection.